AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO OUR COMMUNITY REGARDING COVID-19
FROM DOUG SWAN, GROUP GENERAL MANAGER, WORKWEAR GROUP
As the global COVID-19 crisis continues, I want to provide you with another update on how we are continuing to produce and deliver our essential products and services to the community. I am pleased to advise that our teams remain safe and healthy and are working hard to service our customers in these extraordinarily challenging times. The health and safety of our teams remains our priority and we continue to take advice as recommended by the Australian government and World Health Organisation.
With the exception of a few site-specific roles, our office-based teams are all working from home, including all of our customer service team members. Our Distribution Centres are operating at full capacity across 24 hour shifts, with additional measures in place to ensure strict cleaning and hygiene standards. All Workwear Group offices and warehouses are restricted in terms of visitors, and contractors are restricted to essential services only.
We are continuing ongoing, close monitoring of our supply chain and are in constant communication with our network of suppliers across Australia and globally to ensure minimal disruption to orders. There are daily challenges in this regard but we are taking a number of actions to mitigate risk.
- We have a diverse sourcing base, securing our products from a range of suppliers across the world and locally which helps mitigate risk should country-wide shut downs occur.
- We have the flexibility to be able to move production to different facilities if required, to minimise disruption to orders.
- We have a strong in stock position of our products to enable fulfillment of orders.
- While air freight remains challenging world-wide, we predominantly use sea freight which at this stage is unaffected.
- Our Distribution Centres are operating at full capacity, however our local freight providers are experiencing delays of up to two days due to additional delivery volumes.
- Development approvals that would usually be done by our team members in person, are now conducted via video links with factories to avoid any delays.
Whilst this situation is continually changing, we can assure you that we are open, trading and committed to keeping you informed of the situation at hand while imposing as little impact on your business as possible.
Any customer orders that are impacted by COVID-19 will be communicated immediately.
We remain available to discuss your concerns at any time.
Doug Swan | Group General Manager | Workwear Group